Calla Lilies are among the most popular flowers that we sell online at GrowersBox.com! Contrary to what many people believe, Calla Lilies ship VERY well! These beautiful flowers are available year-round from our flower farms and are widely used as wedding flowers and decorations for events.
Below are some very simple flower care instructions which apply to both large Calla Lilies and mini-Calla Lilies:
- It is important to understand that Calla Lilies behave different than other types of flowers.
- Some of our farms ship Calla Lilies with plastic sleeves around the flower heads. Carefully remove the plastic sleeves upon arrival.
- When Calla Lilies arrive, it is not uncommon for all of the stems in a bunch to bend in the same direction. Place the flowers in bunches of 10 stems and turn the Calla Lilies so that the blooms are all bending out in different directions. Secure each bunch with rubber bands placed at the bottom, in the middle and up towards the top of the stems. This simple procedure will ensure that your Calla Lilies stand tall and strong when put out for display.
- Once in bunches, trim the stems about 1 inch up from the bottom with a sharp knife and place the bunch immediately in water.
- Please know that from time to time the small tips (the curly-Q's) of the Calla Lilies will turn brown. Our world-class Calla Lily farms have assured us that the browning of the tip is a normal occurrence and in no way compromises the quality or integrity of the flower. These little tips are the first part of the flower to emerge from the ground and endure much as the flower grows and matures. To improve the condition if this condition exists, simply trim the tip (the curly-Q) at an angle right below where it turns brown.
- Re-cut the stems and change the water every 2-3 days or as needed.
Please visit our flower care section for additional care tips at: http://www.growersbox.com/flower-care.
If you have any additional questions regarding how to properly care for your wholesale flowers, wedding flowers or rose petals, please do not hesitate to contact our sales department at email@example.com or toll free at 1-888-297-3000.
October 24th, 2013