While the care instructions for most wholesale flowers and wedding flowers are pretty straightforward (cut the stems, put them in water, keep them cool…), Gerbera Daisies and Mini-Gerbera Daisies have slightly different care instructions. Below are some special care tips which will ensure your Gerbera Daisies and Mini-Gerbera Daisies look great for your wedding or event:
- Gerbera Daisies are shipped as open blooms, in trays and come with healthy long stems.
- Upon arrival, remove thet trays from the box (you will want to leave the Gerbera Daisies in the trays they are shipped in so that they hydrate properly). These trays are typically stapled to the inside of the box. Simply remove the staples and carefully lift the trays out of the box. If you hydrate the Gerbera Daisies or Mini-Gerbera Daisies in the trays they were shipped in (as explained below), you will not need to use straws or wire to support the stems of these fantastic flowers.
- Cut the stems about 1 inch up from the bottom (cut the stems at an angle). Pull all the stems together and set the tray on top of a bucket, trashcan or similar container so that the tray is resting on top of the bucket and the stems are hanging down into the water. Ideally you will want to have the flower heads laying flat in the tray with the stems hanging straight down into the water.
- Allow the Gerbera Daisies or Mini-Gerbera Daisies to hydrate for several hours. Hydrating the Gerbera Daisies and Mini-Gerbera Daisies in this position will allow the stems to firm up tall and straight. If you hydrate the Gerbera Daisies and Mini-Gerbera Daisies in this position you will not need to use straws or wire for stem support.
- As with other varieties of wholesale flowers and wedding flowers, you will want to keep the Gerbera Daisies or Mini-Gerbera Daisies out of direct sunlight and away from heat. Please keep in mind that the cooler the temperature, the longer the flowers will last.
- Re-cut the stems and change the water every 2 to 3 days or as needed.
Please know that our complete flower care instructions can be found online at www.growersbox.com/flower-care. If you have any additional questions about flower care for wholesale flowers or wedding flowers, please give us a call at 1-888-297-3000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in Flower Care Tips
June 28th, 2013