Flower Care: Roses
When ordering wholesale flowers, bulk flowers or DIY wedding flowers from The Grower's Box, it is important to remember that these flowers are shipped directly from the flower farms to your door. In most cases (with the exception of very few types of flowers) flowers are shipped out of water and in an early blooming stage and can last up to 2 weeks with proper care. You are essentially receiving the flowers at the same stage at which a wholesaler would receive them. In some cases, flowers may arrive looking a little thirsty and tired. Please know that the flowers will appear dramatically different after a few hours in water than when they first arrive. Our complete guide to flower care guide can be found online by clicking here.
Please find below some special care instructions for caring for wholesale roses:
- Our flower farms pack roses in bunches of 25 stems. The roses are packed in a two-level system. When you remove the rose bunch from the box, you will only see 12 or 13 roses - the other 12 or 13 roses are packed directly underneath them in the same bunch.
- Leave the roses packed in bunches and trim about 1 inch off of the bottom of the stems and put them in water. We highly recommend leaving the plastic or cardboard wrap around the roses in place for about 6 to 12 hours while the roses hydrate.
- When you arrange the roses, trim the stems again and carefully remove any loose or discolored outer rose petals. As the rose opens, look for opportunities to refresh the appearance of selected roses by carefully removing additional unsightly petals.
- Store the roses in a cool environment. When working with fresh cut flowers, and especially roses, it is key to remember that the cooler the temperature, the slower the flowers will open and the longer they will last. We highly recommend customers store their roses at temperatures below 65 degrees - even cooler if possible. Do not expose fresh cut flowers to freezing temperatures.
- Re-cut the stems and change the water every 2 to 3 days, or as needed.
If you have ANY questions regarding how to properly care for your bulk flowers, wholesale flowers or DIY wedding flowers, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-888-297-3000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.